1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
121 Services provides a “Chatbots Platform” that allows our business customers to store, manipulate, analyze and transfer messages between their business systems and their customers on a variety of 121 Services-provided and third party messaging channels (the “Service”). In the course of providing the Service, 121 Services may receive, access, analyze, process and maintain personal information on behalf of our customers for the purposes of providing the Service. Our customers determine the types of personal information that will be collected and used within the Service, and this data may be deleted by our customers from our systems at any time. We require our customers to ensure that they have obtained all authority to provide personal information to us in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
As part of the Service, we may also analyze data on behalf of our customers and provide insights and statistics on an aggregated basis to help our customers measure performance, better understand their customers and improve their product and service offerings.
In the case of our Website, 121 Services may collect and use the following information:
- Sign up. When you sign up to use our platform, we may collect your first and last name, business email address and information about your company. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate your use of our platform.
- Contact Us.: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, email address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings (including the Service and Website).
2. Disclosure of Personal Information
As a matter of practice, 121 Services does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information, except as set out in this policy.
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
Service Provider Arrangements.
In connection with our Website, Service or other Service we provide to our customers, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide Service on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process payments (including on behalf of our customers), host our website and store information on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Personal information may be maintained and processed by our third party service providers in the US and Canada. For more information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Sale of Business. 121 Services may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of 121 Services or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal. 121 Services and our Canadian, US and other service providers and affiliates may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully co-operate with our customer’s instructions with respect to our response.
- Aggregate Data. We may also share aggregate level data with clients for comparative analysis, trend identification purposes, such as for benchmarking performance of message click-through rates.
3. Information About Our Website
- Visiting our Website. We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
4. Security of Personal Information
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our customers and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
5. Access to Personal Information
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we have collected on behalf of a particular customer, we will direct that individual to the relevant customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
If you submit personal information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request to us. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
7. Contact Us
Please contact us if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information; or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.